Thursday, August 11, 2011

Kansas City Fun #1




Last weekend Jamon's Mom, sister, and nephew came to visit us! We had a pretty eventful time! Wednesday evening the school treated us to a picnic and pro soccer game. Sporting Kansas City beat Real Salt Lake City 2 - 0! I never have been a soccer fan; but I have been converted! It was so much fun! Jamon is definitely a soccer fan; so he had a great time too! I hope we are able to go to another game soon!

This is David having a mini panic attack because I passed him down to Jamon's sister and Mom. (On a side note: I assumed since I am home that the "velcro baby" syndrome would subside some; this is not the case.)

Our nephew and Molly. He was such a great help to have around! Molly LOVES him!

KC is in blue and SLC in red



And going off on another tangent; when we got here everyone keeps apologizing for how "hot" and "humid" it is here. Pssht. ;) I smile and nod but holy cow! Missouri had no idea what hot and humid means! This game was during their "heat wave"; let me tell you it was beautiful! First of all, if we were in LA or TX I would have needed to change clothes after we walked from the car to the stadium! Even before the sun went down there was a good breeze and couldn't have been more than 80 out. I even got a chill once! In JULY! I am certainly not complaining! It was 67 this morning when I woke up! Who knew August could be pleasant?! :)










4 comments:

MG said...

That is the same weather as Ohio. We had a few hot weeks but if these people only knew how nice they have it. Good luck on school.

Jamon, Meaghan, Molly, and David said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Was beginning to think I was going crazy! I'll be dying come this winter but oh well! I will enjoy this amazing weather while it lasts!

Alysha said...

Love it!! Would love to get up to SLC to watch a game now and again. Glad you're having such a good time!

The Otis Family said...

I would LOVE some of that weather. Feel free to send it down. I think you're suppose to be cheering for the REAL SLC team right? Nate LOVES soccer and would have had a blast. Looks like you're getting settled in.