Friday, August 12, 2011

Revenge of the butter knife!

We had a little bit of an emergency yesterday .......
I was off trying to keep the living room from looking like a disaster area and Molly runs to me saying she cut her finger. And guess what!? She did! And she did a really good job of it too!
From what I could understand she found a butter knife in the kitchen (a butter knife, who knew?) And attempted to cut an apple. She's got a nice deep cut right between her pointer and middle fingers on her left hand. After some phone calls and protests from Molly I decides not to take her in to see of she needed stitches. ( Think "NOOOO not the Doctor") I really think stitches would have been more traumatic than the original injury. ANYWAYS I finally convinced her to let me use the "doctor stuff" - also known as a first aid kit - to clean her up and tape her fingers together.
She really was pretty brave and even got a treat for being good while I took care of her hand. She even looked up at me and said "Mama I never want to do that again!" And I agreed.
She has also forbidden Jamon to become a doctor. Which is a shame because we've already moved and everything ........ :)


No comments: