Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sweet Baby George!


After 9 long months he is here! 

George Phillip
March 1 2013
9 lbs 2 oz
20.5 inches

In the last few weeks of this pregnancy I was *so* uncomfortable! My previous two pregnancies were beyond easy, so while I could probably be considered a wimp, I was just ready for this one to be over! 
Molly and David were both around 7 lbs so when they told me how much this little chub weighed I thought "GOOD! I *knew* something different was happening in there!" Made me feel a little less crazy for feeling like I did! 




The surgery went like a breeze and I was up and feeling well soon after! We were blessed to have Jamon's mom and my parents come up to help us while I recovered! (Thank you, thank you, thank you!) 

We named him George Phillip, in honor of my maternal grandparents George and Phyllis Lemon - better known as Nana and Big Daddy!


I have a hard time expressing how it feels to talk to this little guy and be reminded of two people I love so much. They have always been such great examples to me! My Big Daddy passed away in Feb 2007, but some of my fondest memories of them, include watching him try to steal a kiss from my Nana, bedtime stories, and the way they would hide away from everyone and read their scriptures together every night - even when all the family was in and the house was chaotic! My sweet Nana is battling cancer a second time and one of the strongest women I have ever known! They joined the church as a young married couple and never looked back! I have such a strong heritage through them and my Dad's parents who also joined the church.

So our sweet new baby will have their names. 

I was so excited to see that he had hair! AND it is dark hair! I have been by myself with these blondies for far too long! :) He looks like Molly did when she was a baby, but admittedly is more high maintenance! :) He knows what he wants and isn't afraid to let you know about it! And mostly what he wants is to be swaddled and held! We love him to pieces already and can't wait to see what his little personality brings to our family!


1 comment:

Sparks said...

Oh he is precious. Congrats!!